Thursday 3 March 2016

Lent 3. 2016 3rd March-He who doesn’t gather with me scatters

3rd March
 
 
(C)Br. Luke Efo 2010
 
Scripture: Luke 11: 14-23
 
14 He was casting out a demon, and it was mute. When the demon had gone out, the mute man spoke; and the multitudes marvelled. 15 But some of them said, “He casts out demons by Beelzebul, the prince of the demons.” 16 Others, testing him, sought from him a sign from heaven. 17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation. A house divided against itself falls. 18  If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul. 19  But if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your children cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges. 20  But if I by God’s finger cast out demons, then God’s Kingdom has come to you.
21  “When the strong man, fully armed, guards his own dwelling, his goods are safe. 22  But when someone stronger attacks him and overcomes him, he takes from him his whole armour in which he trusted, and divides his plunder.
23  “He that is not with me is against me. He who doesn’t gather with me scatters.”
Reflection:
“He who doesn’t gather with me scatters.” (part of verse 23) Notice there are two parts to this statement? We have to be with Jesus. Working alongside, in the work of the kingdom. If we are not with him, then we are not simply being idle, we are working to the opposite purpose. We sometimes think that it is OK if I don’t do such and such. Or that doing nothing is not doing any harm. Jesus says the opposite, there is no room for complacency in the work of the kingdom.
Your thoughts:

No comments: