Sunday 13 March 2016

Lent 4. 2016 11th March -They sought therefore to take him

11th March

Scripture John 7: 25-30


25 Therefore some of them of Jerusalem said, “Isn’t this he whom they seek to kill? 26 Behold, he speaks openly, and they say nothing to him. Can it be that the rulers indeed know that this is truly the Messiah? 27 However we know where this man comes from, but when the Messiah comes, no one will know where he comes from.”
28 Yeshua therefore cried out in the temple, teaching and saying, “You both know me, and know where I am from. I have not come of myself, but he who sent me is true, whom you don’t know. 29 I know him, because I am from him, and he sent me.”
30 They sought therefore to take him; but no one laid a hand on him, because his hour had not yet come.


Reflection:

"They sought therefore to take him; but no one laid a hand on him, because his hour had not yet come." His listeners did not want to believe what they were hearing. They had set their minds on another course of action and so were deaf to the message being proclaimed to them. They actively looked for reasons not to believe. We can be like this, but when we do, we are not listening to the message but to the voices that want to drown it. Be diligent and look and listen to Jesus, not the loud competing, earthly voices.

Your thoughts:

No comments: